How to Enable Screenshots in Firefox
Follow these steps to enable Firefox’s native screenshot feature:
- Make sure you have the latest version of Firefox.
- In the address bar, type about:config and hit Enter.
- You’ll see a warning that this might void your warranty. Click the button that says I accept the risks.
- Search for this setting: extensions.screenshots.system-disabled
- It should show the status as default and the value as true. Double-click it and the status should change to modified and value as false.
A new button should now appear at the end of the address bar.
How to Take a Screenshot in Firefox
There are two ways you can take a screenshot in Firefox:
- After clicking the screenshot button, you can click anywhere in the browser and drag to select the area you want to capture.
- You can also hover your mouse on the page and it will highlight sections on the page that you can capture with one click.
Once you have the screenshot, you can either save it to your computer or can upload it for easy sharing online. The URL will be automatically copied and any screenshots uploaded to Firefox will be available for 14 days.